Post-surgery physical therapy is a vital part of the recovery from an injury or illness.
At Premiere Choice Physical Therapy, our post-operative care focuses on functional and manual physical therapy which has been proven very effective in achieving a shorter recovery period from the time of surgery.
Our treatment goals will be to minimize the adverse side effects of the surgery and to restore normal movement, flexibility and function as soon as possible.
Common Post-Surgical Conditions:
– Shoulder/Elbow/Wrist Arthroscopy
– Knee Arthroscopy
– ACL Reconstruction
– Total Hip Replacement
– Total Knee Replacement
– Medial/Lateral Meniscus Repair
– Rotator Cuff Repair
– Cervical Spinal Fusion
– Lumbar Laminectomy
– Lumbar Discectomy
– Lumbar Spinal Fusion
Massage Therapy is a manual manipulation of soft tissues (muscles, connective tissue, tendons and ligaments) to enhance a person’s health and well-being.
At Premiere Choice Physical Therapy, we provide complimentary massage services to our patients every time they come for physical therapy. Our licensed and well-trained massage therapists will be willing to help out patients to return to their stress-free, pain-free and healthy lifestyle.
Benefits of Massage Therapy:
– Relieves Stress
– Improves Circulation
– Encourages Relaxation
– Lowers Blood Pressure
– Relaxes Muscles
– Improves Flexibility and Range Of Motion
– Promotes Deeper & Easier Breathing
– Relieves Headaches
– Enhances Post-Operative Rehabilitation
– Improves Rehabilitation After Injury
Physical Therapy is proven to be useful in remedying low back pain or sciatica associated with pregnancy. It has also been known to enhance expectant mothers body’s ability to have an easier and smoother pregnancy and birth.
Prenatal Massage is a unique form of massage tailored specifically to the needs of pregnant women and their changing bodies.
According to studies, massage therapy performed during pregnancy can reduce anxiety, decrease symptoms of depression, relieve muscle aches and joint pains, and improve labor outcomes and newborn health.
Other Benefits of Prenatal Massage:
– Reduces Back Pain
– Reduces Joint Pain
– Improves Circulation
– Reduces Edema
– Reduces Muscle Tension and Headaches
– Reduces Stress and Anxiety
– Improves Oxygenation of Soft Tissues and Muscles
– Better Sleep
Sports Physical Therapy is another aspect of physical therapy which is not just for competitive athletes but it’s for everyone. Nowadays, sports physical therapy encompasses the needs of all individuals with musculoskeletal injury who want to maintain or to pursue an active lifestyle. Our goal is to return the patient or athlete to activity and competition as soon and as safe as possible.
Common sports injuries:
– Sprained ankle
– Hamstring strain
– Achilles tendinitis
– Quad strain
– Torn Achilles tendon
– Rotator cuff injury
– Broken Ankle
– AC joint injury
– Calf Strain
– Dislocated shoulder– Shin splints
– Tennis elbow
– Broken leg
– Golfer’s elbow
– Jumper’s knee
– Scaphoid fracture
– Runner’s knee
– Radius/ulna fracture
– ACL injury
– Patellofemoral pain
At Premiere Choice Physical Therapy, we take pride in our experience and knowledge in treating musculoskeletal or orthopedic cases, from acute injuries to chronic conditions. We also provide personalized treatment catering on every patient’s individual needs with emphasis on “hands-on” techniques.
Common injuries that we treat:
– Neck Pain (Cervicalgia, Cervical Strain/Sprain, Cervical Radiculopathy, Cervical Muscle Spasm)
– Shoulder Pain (Rotator Cuff Tear, Shoulder Strain/Sprain, Bursitis, Tendonitis, Frozen Shoulder, Impingement Syndrome)
– Elbow Pain (Tennis Elbow/Lateral Epicondylitis, Golfer’s Elbow/Medial Epicondylitis, Ulnar Neuropathy)
– Wrist/Hand Pain (Wrist Strain/Sprain, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, DeQuervain’s Disease, Hand Strain/Sprain, Wrist/Hand Arthritis, Wrist/Hand Fracture)
– Low Back Pain (Lumbalgia, Lumbago, Lumbar Strain/Sprain, Sciatica, Lumbar Radiculopathy, Stenosis, Herniated/Bulging Disc, Arthritis, Muscle Spasm)
– Hip Pain (Hip Strain/Sprain, Hip Bursitis, Iliotibial Band (ITB) Syndrome, Piriformis Syndrome)
– Knee Pain (Knee Sprain/Strain, Chondromalacia Patella, Patella-femoral Pain syndrome, Medial/lateral meniscus tear, Osteoarthritis, Patellar tendinitis)
– Foot/Ankle Pain (Ankle/Foot sprain, Plantar Fasciitis, Heel spur, Arthritis, Fracture).
Acupuncture is a form of alternative medicine and a key component of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) that can be traced back at least 2,500 years. The general theory of acupuncture is based on the premise that there are patterns of energy flow called “Qi” (Pronounced “Chee”) through the body that are essentials for health. Disruptions of this flow of energy are believed to be responsible for diseases.
Premiere Choice Physical Therapy believes the incorporation of acupuncture to a standard physical therapy provides a better treatment outcome in eliminating musculo-skeletal pain, headaches, nerve pain (neuralgia, neuropathy) and improving the patient’s overall function.
What conditions are treated by acupuncture:
-Low back pain
-Dental Pain/TMJ Dysfunction